Guatemalan coffee is a popular beverage because of its ability to enhance weight management, boost energy levels and improve heart and brain health. The best Guatemalan coffee is organic and can provide you with vital antioxidants.
Our Top Guatemalan Coffee Recommendations
The best Guatemalan coffee is grown without pesticides and chemicals. It is roasted fresh using solar energy and well packaged to avoid oxidation, ensuring strong flavor and aroma profiles in every cup you brew.
Best Overall Guatemalan Coffee: Fresh Roasted Whole Bean Coffee
If you are a coffee lover and you want a full-bodied Guatemalan coffee that can satisfy you, then the Fresh Roasted Whole Bean Coffee might be the best option for you.
Unlike Stone Street Guatemala Coffee, the use of a smokeless and eco-friendly patented air-cool system during roasting helps ensure all the coffee flavors are locked in to enhance the overall quality of the coffee bean.
Although the coffee beans look gleaming and almost wet, they are sufficiently dry for grinding using any type of coffee grinder. However, it is advisable to use a burr grinder if you want uniform and consistent flavors from this coffee.
Like the Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters, this Guatemalan coffee contains a sweet cherry flavor with notes of chocolate which round up to a baked spice finish. Although this coffee is a medium roast, it tastes bitter and sour than other medium roast Guatemalan coffee, making it unpleasant to some people.
- Being a medium roast coffee it contains high acidity levels that might suit many coffee connoisseurs
- Unlike the Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters, this coffee is a single origin, ensuring purity and robust taste
- Considering it’s a single-origin coffee, the taste and flavor is not rich and full-bodied like the Maud’s Organic Guatemalan Coffee
- Unlike Maud’s Organic Guatemalan Coffee, it has less magnesium and potassium levels which mean fewer health benefits
- THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS - A Mild Body That Doesn't Overwhelm the Palate, and Also a Beautiful...
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM HUEHUETENANGO, GUATEMALA. Bourbon and Caturra Varietals. Fully Washed and Patio...
- COFFEE FOR EVERYBODY - Sustainably Sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in USA.
Best Organic Guatemalan Coffee: Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters
The Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters uses 100% organic certified arabica coffee without any chemical or pesticide, making it safe for human consumption. It is grown at high altitudes providing you with natural antioxidants that help reduce the risk of heart diseases.
It is roasted in small batches like the Stone Street Guatemalan Coffee, which helps to ensure the roasting is uniform for even and consistent flavors. Additionally, this Guatemalan coffee is craftily roasted to reduce bitterness, ideal for people with adverse reactions to bitter brews or sensitive stomachs.
When it comes to versatility, the Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters comes in whole beans, allowing you to grind your coffee for any brew, whether it is for the French press, regular drip, espresso, or pour-over.
Like the fresh Roasted Whole Bean Coffee, this coffee features notes of caramel, chocolate, and fruit undertones, enhancing its aroma and flavor. However, its aroma is not as strong as that of pre-ground coffee.
- The roasting method minimizes bitter compounds in the coffee, making it suitable for people with sensitive stomachs
- It is versatile and allows you to grind the beans according to your brewing needs
- Unlike the Stone Street Guatemalan coffee, it lacks nitrogen sealed bags for preventing oxidation, shortening its shelf life
- Its aroma is not strong like that of pre-ground coffee,and you might need to brew a larger amount to get a rich and robust aroma
- Our Second Most Popular Low Acid Coffee! This single-origin Guatemala coffee is grown in the...
- No Pesticides! We use only 100% organic certified arabica coffee whole beans, grown without...
- Peace of Mind! In addition to being certified Organic, our Guatemalan is also certified Bird...
Best Arabica Guatemalan Coffee: Stone Street Guatemala Coffee
The Stones Street Guatemala Coffee uses high-quality, 100% arabica single origin ground coffee, ensuring that it is natural and its flavor profile is unaltered. Like the Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters, it is roasted in small batches to allow you to have better control of the flavor profiles.
The small-batch roasting also ensures the beans cool quickly, reducing the chances of oxidation and ensuring optimum freshness for long. However, the Folger-like taste might be unpleasant to some coffee lovers.
This dark roast coffee is rich in antioxidants which help fight cell damage and reduce the risk of diseases. Also, it contains high caffeine content, which helps decrease fatigue and improve memory and mental functioning.
Unlike the other Guatemalan coffee on our list, the resealable bags feature a three-layer natural kraft giving it a more natural feeling and recyclability. Additionally, the resealable bags feature a one-way degassing valve which allows carbon dioxide to escape without allowing fresh air to re-enter the bag.
- Unlike Maud’s Organic Guatemalan Coffee, the high caffeine helps boost energy levels
- It contains beneficial antioxidants that help improve the overall health of your body
- The Folger-like taste might be unpleasant to some people
- Unlike the Fresh Roasted Whole Bean Coffee, the roasting method doesn’t effectively lock in the flavors
- DARK GUATEMALAN ANTIGUA: Top-grade,100% Arabica single origin ground coffee from the highlands of...
- TASTING NOTES: Volcanic soil and high altitude are the keys to this superior, uniquely hard bean’s...
- 1 LB RESEALABLE BAG: 3-Layer Natural Kraft + Foil Resealable large bag. Includes a one-way...
Best Guatemalan Coffee With Recyclable Pods: Maud’s Organic Guatemalan Coffee
If you are looking for a Guatemalan coffee to use with nearly all single-serve coffee makers, Maud's Organic Guatemalan Coffee can be your ideal option. Unlike the Fresh Roasted Whole Bean Coffee, it comes with pods that use # 5 plastic materials in their construction, ensuring your kitchen and surrounding remains clean and safe.
Additionally, the pods have easy-to-peel tabs that you can recycle. It uses 100% arabica coffee containing magnesium, manganese, and potassium, which helps to improve nerve function and ensure healthy bones.
It relies on solar energy for production, ensuring convenient and efficient roasting. The pods are nitrogen sealed, making your coffee remain fresh without oxidation. Like the Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters, this Guatemalan coffee undergoes small-batch roasting, which offers better control of the roasting process.
This Guatemalan coffee is easy to make and does not require any coffee maker machine, making it ideal to use even when camping. However, under high temperatures, the pods may explode in the Keurig.
- It contains vital minerals that help improve the health of your bones
- The nitrogen sealed pods prevents oxidation and helps maintain the freshness of the coffee
- Unlike the Stone Street Guatemala Coffee, its pods lack the one-way degassing valve to let out carbon dioxide
- The pods sometimes explode in the Keurig, requiring you to clean the whole unit
- Coffee Lover's Variety Pack Profile - Dive into an assortment of 16 different gourmet blends with...
- 100% Arabica Coffee Variety Pack - We use only high quality 100% Arabica coffee including organic...
- California Roasted & 100% Solar Energy Produced - On their way to your cup, our flavorful beans also...
Features to Consider in the Best Guatemalan Coffee
On top of the high-profile aroma and flavor, you can find in Guatemalan coffee; it also comes with different health benefits that can help boost your overall health.
However, different types of Guatemalan coffee contain varying minerals that affect their flavors, so you need to consider the following features. The below table breaks down these features for better understanding.
|Guatemalan Coffee||Packaging||Roast level||Origin|
|Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters||Whole Bean||Medium roast||Single-origin|
|Fresh Roasted Whole Bean Coffee||Whole Bean||Medium roast||Single-origin|
|Stone Street Guatemala Coffee||Ground||Dark roast||Blend|
|Maud’s Organic Guatemalan Coffee||Pods||Medium roast||Blend|
Single-origin coffee refers to coffee grown and processed from a particular cooperative or farm. Typically, this type of coffee delivers an unaltered, robust, and exotic high flavor profile. It displays distinctive characteristics that you can only find in that particular coffee origin.
Guatemalan single-origin coffee is healthier as it contains natural minerals and ingredients that help boost your body’s ability to fight diseases and improve mental performance. For instance, the Java Planet Organic coffee is a single origin which gives it a unique flavor that corresponds to the growing and processing conditions.
Blended coffee refers to a mixture of coffee beans from varying regions and countries worldwide to achieve a particular expression of body, flavor, and acidity. Coffee blends add greater complexity and balance to your coffee with the different beans combined.
A blended Guatemalan coffee such as Maud’s Organic Guatemalan Coffee is smooth, full-bodied, and a balanced cup of coffee. That means if you want to improve the consistency and the overall body and flavor of your coffee, you should go for an all-Guatemalan blend version.
Caffeine is an active ingredient in Guatemalan coffee. It affects people differently depending on their genetic makeup, age, weight, and receptors for caffeine in your brain. A healthy adult should not consume more than 400 milligrams of caffeine per day.
A single Guatemalan coffee bean contains about 6 milligrams of caffeine; the actual amount depends on the variety. For instance, Robusta coffee has about 22 milligrams of caffeine, while Arabica coffee has around 12 milligrams. Whereas Stone Street Guatemalan coffee has high caffeine content that helps improve memory and concentration.
Considering that excessive intake may have adverse effects on people who are highly sensitive to caffeine or under certain medications, choose a Guatemalan coffee with a caffeine content that can match your intake levels.
Guatemalan coffee comes in different roasting levels that can affect the flavors differently. If you’re going for a certain Guatemalan coffee because you want a particular flavor, you should opt for a roasting level that will not overwhelm those flavors.
Typically, dark roast levels possess a strong and noticeable flavor profile. For instance, Stone Street Guatemala coffee has a smooth texture with a smoky aroma taste profile.
Every time you sip your Guatemalan coffee, your mouth should be in a position to perceive the nice floral aftertaste that corresponds to the roast of your coffee.
Several factors such as the fineness of the grind, roasting duration, and brewing method determine the acidity of coffee. Although coffee’s acidity may not be a concern to some people, it may have adverse health conditions to others.
Acidity amplifies a coffee’s citrus notes and causes your mouth to perceive a touch of bitterness. You can describe the acidity in coffee as bold, subtle, bright, clean, and smooth. Or as powerfully tart, crisp, delicate, rich, or backgrounded and vibrant.
Keep in mind that the acidity of Guatemalan coffee doesn’t affect the PH. The longer the roasting, the lesser the acidity of Guatemalan coffee. For instance, the medium roast Fresh Roasted Whole Bean Coffee contains higher acidity levels than a dark roast.
The best conditions for growing coffee are fertile volcanic soils and at high elevations between 1400- 2000 above sea level. Volcanic soils are well-drained and suitable for growing Arabica coffee.
The volcanic soils in high-altitude areas have natural nutrients adding to the nutrient value of the coffee beans. The taste of this coffee is great as it does not require fertilizers or pesticides. It is rich in antioxidants that help improve the overall health of the human body.
For instance, the Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters is grown in high-altitude regions of Huehuetenango and contains fruit undertones along with the notes of chocolate and caramel.
The health benefits of Guatemalan coffee vary with the type. For example, Arabica Guatemalan coffee contains beneficial minerals such as manganese, potassium, and magnesium, ensuring healthy bones and improving nerve functioning.
On the other hand, dark roast Guatemalan coffee such as Stone Street Guatemala Coffee is an excellent source of caffeine that helps decrease fatigue, improve memory and mental functioning.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes My Guatemalan Coffee Have Different Flavors?
Guatemalan coffee can have varying intrinsic flavors depending on when and where it is grown. The kind of variety, how it is roasted, how it is brewed and processed can also cause different flavors. However, the flavors can be added artificially.
Where Does My Guatemalan Coffee Get Its Notes From?
Guatemalan coffee gets its notes when harvested and left to dry while still intact with the skin surrounding the coffee bean. These conditions, in turn, result in fruity fragrances and flavors mostly like that of berries.
How Soon After Roasting Should I Take My Guatemalan Coffee?
To get the best flavor, Guatemalan coffee requires a minimum of 12 to 24 hours rest after roasting before brewing it. After this duration, the flavors open up, providing you with a strong cup of coffee.
The best Guatemalan coffee grows in high-altitude areas, giving you a robust and high-profile flavor. Guatemalan coffee contains minerals, caffeine, and antioxidants that can help boost your alertness and improve overall health.